I can’t wait to evict this little freeloader and meet him finally!
Unfortunately, things are not going well. Well, they aren’t going poorly (yet), but my doctor is Concerned. And I don’t like the sounds of that. At my appointment this morning he commented on baby’s heartrate and size again - at the last few appointments the heartrate has been on the slow side, and this time it was REALLY slow. So slow that he sent me in for a NST at the hospital right away. Thankfully everything looked ok at the hospital - the first 10 minutes were a little scary as baby was sleeping and not much was happening on the charts, but the last 10 minutes made up for it. So the hospital doc wasn’t concerned about the heartrate. (Although apparently my heartrate was really elevated. Weird?)
As for the size thing, they’re concerned not because he’s really tiny (he’s on the small side but not abnormally so - probably about 7lbs and a couple ounces right now) but because his growth curve isn’t where it ought to be at this point. As my doctor explained, normally growth slows close to the end of pregnancy, but there’s been next to ZERO growth for quite some time now. So I’m booked for an induction on Wednesday now.
I’m trying not to be too worried about the heartrate and size issues, because I figure if it was really really bad they would have induced me today, not waited another 5 days, right? And his movements have been good, and his position is ideal, and my doctor says that my body is “really favorable” to going into labor on its own before Wednesday. But I hate the idea of being induced. I’ve been planning a natural birth for months now, and I’m scared of the cascade of intervention forcing me into a c-section, and I’m worried that the Pitocin contractions will be so painful that I’ll cave and get an epidural.